4 Tips for Saving Energy in Austin This Summer
Spring is great for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your power bill is usually at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your heater or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs down.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power charges less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving features in updated cooling systems is a huge plus in keeping your power expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Figuring out how to effectively use your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Experiment with Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a couple other methods to help keep your home cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Think About Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and correct the temp when you’re gone to help you save money. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the best product for your space. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Eight Upgrades to Boost Your Home HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with easy and effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about boosting efficiency and cleaning the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice influences your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and general home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes and... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you desire while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make... Continue reading