Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Checkups keep your AC unit in Austin working at its top performance while keeping utility usage low. It also could even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a few things you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Strand Brothers Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can do alone as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that entails a big portion of home, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning equipment freshened and inspected. Delaying to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be risky. If you need service or a new unit, you could be waiting a long time for a tech. And that may get extremely unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened cooling system will help provide the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning service could be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Myself?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your AC unit in the best state:
- Replace your air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and might lower your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance by the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your equipment, as this might limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Strand Brothers Service Experts at 512-592-3072 , the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to remove any blockage from dust and weeds.
- Examining controls to double check your equipment is starting, operating and shutting down correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need extra service, we are ready to give you the most cost-effective solution. Uncovering likely issues in a timely manner might solve more expensive problems down the road. This also offers you time to save if your air conditioner is aging.
When you need a modern air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to locate the best unit for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to request your maintenance? Give us a call at 512-592-3072 or schedule an appointment online right away.