Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Checkups keep your AC equipment in Austin working at its best performance while keeping utility usage low. It also could even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a few things you can complete alone, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Strand Brothers Service Experts, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can do by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that entails a large portion of home, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier weather right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC service on that listing.
Spring is the best time of year to get your cooling equipment freshened and examined. Delaying to flip it on until the first warm day of the season can be a gamble. If you need service or a new unit, you could be waiting a long time for a technician. And that could get extremely unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened cooling system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC upkeep might be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance Myself?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner unit in the best state:
- Replace your air filter recommends each month or two. This is especially crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your system, since this can impede airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call Strand Brothers Service Experts at 512-592-3072 , the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure secure operation.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid issues.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any blockage from dirt and grass.
- Examining controls to ensure your equipment is starting, cooling and shutting down correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that need extra service, we are set to give you the most economical choice. Finding likely troubles in a timely manner might solve more substantial problems later. This also offers you time to save if your air conditioner is aging.
When you need a modern air conditioner to help make your new system work for your budget. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to request your maintenance? Give us a call at 512-592-3072 or schedule an appointment online right away.