We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Austin homeowners often call Strand Brothers Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of causes why your Austin home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Listed below are the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat glitches causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Furnace or heating system pilot or ignition control problems, resulting in spotty or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or higher energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, ACE-certified technician. Technicians from Strand Brothers Service Experts can quickly spot the problem area and make the necessary repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent nearly all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at maximum efficiency during the heating season. Critical items like Carbon Monoxide checks, ample combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, particularly if a ACE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a scheduled basis.
Contact Strand Brothers Service Experts of Austin at 512-592-3072 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.