It’s cold outside. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always eager to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water connections.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor bathrooms and sinks by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Strand Brothers Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.