How to Protect Your Home in Extreme Cold
It’s frosty out there. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing weather. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water faucets.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice influences your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and general home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes and... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you desire while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the continuously changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends that promise to transform... Continue reading