No matter what the climate outside in Austin, the temperature within your home decides how comfortable your family will seem. Set it just right and your space will feel like a enjoyable escape from it all. But if your climate control system isn’t functioning the right way, you’ll notice. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Brace yourself for an in-depth look at how you’re managing your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a stable system or a pathetic performer. Work through this quick quiz from Strand Brothers Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Hotter days are almost here in Austin. How do you prepare your AC?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Call in the pros for a seasonal checkup.
- Not a thing. It should be fine.
- You’re having a party on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t working. What do you do?
- Instruct my visitors to bring cool beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it functioning before anyone arrives.
- Start my fans and wish for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What will you do when it’s time for a replacement?
- Have my contractor to select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Save worries and expenses by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the most intricate system on the market in Austin.
- When you receive your next monthly power bill, what do you expect you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My heating and cooling charges have been climbing.
- It will be comparable to the bill for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your home comfort system is making a weird noise. What do you do?
- Find my toolbox and devote a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Schedule a qualified technician to take a look.
- Forget about it and wait until it goes away.
Now add up your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are on the money. You’re taking care of your machine and you have a plan for your future replacement. But if you answered any of these questions with As or Cs, you can make a few changes to help your HVAC perform better. Keep reading to discover how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Set Up Seasonal Maintenance While changing your air filter and sprucing up your vents are critical tasks to prep your equipment for a different season, a professional maintenance visit is necessary to finish the process. During a routine visit, your professional technician will perform a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re there, your HVAC service Expert will be on the lookout for more severe headaches for your home. That could save you a pricey breakdown later down the road.
Select a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even correctly maintained HVAC systems can have trouble occasionally. And it always seems to crop up at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that vital service to homeowners at no extra cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Some heating and cooling systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Create a strategy now to avoid last-minute pressure when your machine takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It provides you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front costs. And as an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and call us when they radically change. Your power bills can show you more than your monthly charges. If you’re noticing a stable escalation in your charges but no change in home comfort, something is probably happening with your equipment. An updated high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you notice an odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than annoying. It illustrates something is wrong with your machinery. Even if it’s a seemingly small problem, left without professional help it could make for a costly repair in the future. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you big when you don’t maintain it. If you use these tips, you could save time, added costs and annoyance. And if your HVAC just isn’t keeping up anymore, think about finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!