How Are Your HVAC Habits Influencing Your Utility Bills?
No matter what the temperature outside in the U.S., the temperature inside your house influences how comfortable it will seem. Set it just right and your house will feel like a nice escape from everything. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t functioning accurately, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be pleasant.
Brace yourself for an in-depth look at how you’re using your home comfort system. It could be the difference between a solid system or a pathetic performer. Take this short quiz from Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing to find out more.
- The warm season is right around the corner in the U.S.. How do you prepare your air conditioner?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal checkup.
- Not a thing. It should be fine.
- You’re planning an event on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your first step?
- Instruct my visitors to bring cool beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it working before the party starts.
- Switch on my fans and wish for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What will you do when it’s time for a new one?
- Have my contractor to select one and finance it with a credit card.
- Save worries and bills by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Purchase the most intricate system available in the U.S..
- When you receive your next monthly power bill, what do you anticipate you’ll see?
- It will cost more. My heating and cooling costs have increased quite a bit.
- It will be similar to the charges for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Grab my toolbox and spend a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Get a professional technician to take a look.
- Ignore it and wait until it goes away.
Time to add up your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your home comfort habits are helping you out. You’re taking care of your machine and you have a plan for down the road. But if you responded to any of these problems with As or Cs, you should make a couple of changes to help your equipment perform better. Read on to see how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Arrange Yearly Maintenance While replacing your air filter and dusting your vents are important tasks to prep your HVAC for a new season, a professional maintenance appointment is critical to complete the process. During a seasonal visit, your professional technician will complete a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency technician will keep an eye out for more urgent complications for your system. That could save you a high-priced breakdown later in the season.
Find a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained HVAC systems can have complications periodically. And it always seems to occur at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that crucial service to homes at no other cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system transition. Some HVAC systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Build an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and call us when they radically change. Your electricity bills can reveal more than your monthly costs. If you’re observing a stable climb in your bills but no change in home comfort, something is definitely going on with your system. A new high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Act when you detect an odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than bothersome. It demonstrates something is off with your HVAC. Even if it’s a comparatively small issue, left without professional help it could make for a costly repair down the road. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the pros to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you big when you don’t treat it right. If you apply these tips, you could save time, added costs and disappointment. And if your HVAC just isn’t cutting it anymore, consider selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!
Eight Upgrades to Boost Your Home HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with easy and effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about boosting efficiency and cleaning the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice influences your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and general home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes and... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you desire while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make... Continue reading