Summer is usually a busy time of year for many folks in Austin. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Austin heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Austin heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Strand Brothers Service Experts a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Austin heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a break as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Austin temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.