Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Austin, you may be considering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few things to think over, in addition to the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A modern air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Strand Brothers Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the right suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you get new components simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system fails. You can circumvent the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your residence cozier and reducing your long-term utility bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you could even qualify for a discount as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Strand Brothers Service Experts. We understand the cost of replacing your total system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 512-592-3072 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.