Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Austin, you may be thinking—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several things to think over, plus the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Strand Brothers Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the right suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you install both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system fails. You can avoid the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these pluses:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your family cozier and decreasing your long-term heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you may even be eligible for a special deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Strand Brothers Service Experts. We understand the cost of replacing your total system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 512-592-3072 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.