Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature drops and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more and more, you should also reach for your phone to arrange annual furnace maintenance. Ensuring your furnace is at its best this winter boosts your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s more about what this crucial annual task entails and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Included in Annual Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance visit is an easy way to get your heating system up to par. Although the exact tasks depend on the brand and age of your furnace, you can normally expect your technician to perform the following:
- Examine and clean the burner: Over time, dirt and debris can clog the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it brings back the best possible heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Making sure these valves are fully open and operating effectively is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Check the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s crucial to ensure no cracks are present.
- Evaluate and tighten electrical components: Loose connections can make your furnace unsafe and inefficient. Fortunately, tightening them is a fast and easy task.
- Clean the blower: A grimy blower affects your furnace’s ability to circulate warm air around your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan assures appropriate airflow.
- Replace the air filter: Clean air filters ensure appropriate airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirty air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also increases indoor air quality if you install an efficient enough filtration system.
Reasons to Schedule Regular Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still beneficial to arrange a maintenance visit? Consider these four reasons why the answer is a resounding “yes”:
- Reduce mid-season breakdowns: There are few more disheartening ways to start the day than waking up on a chilly winter morning to discover your furnace has stopped working. Sudden breakdowns are upsetting and can leave you scrambling to find a quick fix. Annual furnace maintenance lowers the chance of unexpected problems because your technician inspects every part of your system, catching minor issues before they snowball into costly repairs.
- Reduced repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the sooner you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to fix. By investing in affordable, planned maintenance visits, you can avoid high-priced, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Increase your furnace’s life expectancy: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives regular tune-ups will likely last longer than an unattended heating system. Annual maintenance saves you the expense of untimely furnace replacement by lengthening your system’s life span.
- Increase energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system works smoothly and efficiently. When all the elements are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your household warm. This reduces your power bills and cuts down your environmental impact.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air aggravates allergies and respiratory problems. The air filter in your furnace traps dust, pollen and other airborne irritants to reduce these issues. During a maintenance appointment, the heating professional will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air moves through your home.
- Increases safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, it’s also potentially dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or broken gas valves can produce dangerous carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has has received a thorough examination during routine maintenance should give you peace of mind this winter.
What Season Should You Set up Your Maintenance Visit?
To experience the most benefits, it’s best to arrange annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill arrives. This is a way to make sure any issues are resolved before you have to call heavily on your heating system.
At-Home Furnace Maintenance Between Appointments
Though professional maintenance is vital, you can perform several tasks yourself so that your furnace runs smoothly between visits:
- Change the air filter every 30 to 90 days to increase airflow.
- Make sure all of your return and supply registers are open and free of obstructions for system balance.
- Vacuum the exterior of the furnace with the brush attachment to make sure it stays clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance visit, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is an HVAC company you can rely on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting solutions to all your furnace and air conditioning dilemmas. We’re proud to deliver solutions to our community and focus on making a significant difference in your everyday life and sense of comfort. We even give our customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind. To get the most out of your heating system, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice influences your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and general home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes and... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you desire while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the continuously changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends that promise to transform... Continue reading