The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it could still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. Many people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and grasp the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you may first think about trying the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets expensive fast. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also deliver healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, choose Strand Brothers Service Experts to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but some of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that legal water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main following heavy rains. While generally harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant also adds dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to come with higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Strand Brothers Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Strand Brothers Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.