The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people do not like the taste of polluted tap water and recognize the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you may first consider continuing the bottled water plan. But of course, this gets costly fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren’t recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and better for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also supply healthier water much more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to maximize the benefits whereveryou use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home’s tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that regulated water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of debris in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment will make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant creates dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing office for help picking out a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.
7 Common Causes of No Hot Water
If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you just had a breathtakingly cold shower or turned on the faucet to find no hot water. It’s an irritating situation, but don’t stress. Learning the most likely things that leave you with no hot water is the first step toward finding a... Continue reading
Do I Really Need a Water Softener or Is an Inline Filter Sufficient?
Everyone needs clean water for everyday routines like cooking, cleaning and personal hygiene. Many the U.S. homeowners consider the question of which is right for them—a water filter or a water softener? Examine the primary differences between inline water filters and whole-house water... Continue reading