Your HVAC system is essential to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, higher energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if there was a way to ensure an uninterrupted supply of healthy, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to ask for tune-ups with Strand Brothers Service Experts, but we highly recommend registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early on: Issues with your home comfort system tend to form little by little. When a technician inspects the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix smaller problems before they become big headaches.
- Lower the risk of equipment failures: By fixing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the risk of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Boost home comfort: When your heating and cooling system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is performing like it's supposed to.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the most rapid installs feasible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance reduces the need for repair service, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get pricey fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to make things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Strand Brothers Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan features and contact our staff to help you figure out the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Strand Brothers Service Experts office today.