The Top Six Reasons to Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Your HVAC equipment is essential to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these features for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with emergency repairs, high energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you had a way to maintain a constant source of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should consider signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to ask for tune-ups with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, but we highly encourage enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, check out these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling usually form slowly. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of little problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Smaller repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Boost home comfort: When your heating and cooling system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more comfortable humidity in every room.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement equipment.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is working safely.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from expensive repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC agreement allows access to the fastest installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair service, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get costly fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you unhappy, our technician will return to correct things.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you figure out the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before enrolling. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing office today.
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice influences your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and general home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes and... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you desire while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the continuously changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends that promise to transform... Continue reading