A popping noise is characteristic of a duct design that’s too small. This happens when there’s greater airflow than your ductwork can control.
Problems with your ductwork might cause other ventilation and air quality issues, like:
- Excessive noise
- Greater energy consumption
- Premature system breakdown
- Unbalanced heating and cooling
- Nonfunctioning AC compressor in the summer
- Too hot furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold increase in ducts
Get in touch with an experienced company in Austin, like Strand Brothers Service Experts, to look at your home's ventilation system. We can provide suggestions for duct repair or installation.