End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Austin Home
An ordinary home wastes 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water every year as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are easy to locate. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or broken water supply lines can go undetected for a long time.
A water leak can be expensive. You’re paying for additional water you’re not using, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s critical to find and repair the slightest leaks.
Strand Brothers Service Experts is here to help you accomplish just that. We have the knowledge for Expert leak detection and water line repair in Austin.
6 Signs You Could Have a Plumbing Leak
Finding and repairing leaks are the most popular calls we field for plumbing services. Catching a leak ASAP can help you avoid pricey water damage. Some leaks might be trickier to find than others, but there are a couple telltale signs that you need to get in touch with a plumber in Austin. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is bigger than expected.
- Your pipes frequently make thumping sounds.
- There are rust stains in your sink, or your water is reddish.
- Floors or walls appear damp or soft.
- You find water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s damp soil or erosion close to your home’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you suspect you have a leak but can’t locate the evidence, check your water meter:
- Confirm no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Look at the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is typically a triangular dial or small silver circle. If the dial is turning, you may have a leak.
We can identify the source of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or possibly damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the places water is used in your home, there are numerous places you could uncover a leak.
Leaks can be started by broken seals around water connectors, rusty pipes, obstructions and more.
They commonly occur:
- On water supply lines and connections below the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, particularly models that are getting old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you find proof of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we endorse all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 512-592-3072 or schedule an appointment online.