According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The estimated cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Strand Brothers Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to avoid sewer backups. Many homeowners in Austin don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Strand Brothers Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the knowledge, training and proficiency to handle everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Back-ups in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or backup, don’t hesitate to ring us at 512-592-3072
as soon as you suspect a problem to avoid as much, sometimes pricey, damage to your home and plumbing system as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Make sure you are discarding garbage properly.
- Dumping grease down your drain will result in a obstruction in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Strand Brothers Service Experts install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Strand Brothers Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will ultimately clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from hindering your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Strand Brothers Service Experts today at 512-592-3072
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.