What Is A Slab Leak?
A slab leak occurs when a pipe ruptures underneath the concrete foundation of your home, driveway or pool deck. This type of leak is difficult to repair because in order for the damage to be reached, it requires that a professional break through the concrete slab to reach the pipe.
When you have a leak that’s hidden deep beneath solid stone at your residence, you may not notice at first. So how can you tell? Check your home for the following signs of a slab leak:
- High water bills: If you are experiencing higher water bills, without increasing your usage, you’re probably dealing with a leak somewhere. While the damage may also have occurred inside a wall, it is important that you have a professional immediately perform an assessment.
- Dripping or splashing sounds: Do you hear running or dripping water in your home, when all water sources are turned off?
- Cracks in walls or flooring: A slab leak can slowly wash away the earth that supports the foundation of your Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Tampa home. As structural support weakens, the building’s weight can cause it to sag, forming cracks in the walls or floor.
- Unexplained mold or mildew: A slab leak can slowly but consistently seep up through the concrete floor, creating the perfect environment for mold growth.
- Hot spot: A possible indication of a hot water leak beneath your residence is a hot spot on the floor of your house.
An easy way to confirm if water is escaping into or below your home is by utilizing the meter test. You’ll turn off every faucet and ensure there are no appliances using water, then you can go outside and check the meter. If the needle is still moving, you’re most likely dealing with a leak, and you should call a professional for emergency maintenance.
Why Choose Strand Brothers Service Experts?
Slab leaks can be a major crisis. This is why it’s imperative to choose a professional. Not only can they offer you outstanding customer service and superior quality repairs, but they can prove it with years of dependable service and thousands of satisfied clients.
Don’t allow anyone to damage your property searching for the source of a leak; breaking into the concrete without first pinpointing the location of the damage is never acceptable. At Strand Brothers Service Experts, we’ll pinpoint the damaged pipe through state-of-the-art thermal imaging and electromagnetic pipeline locators.
Using their extensive training, our experienced technicians are able to utilize the smallest entrance hole possible, sometimes even minimizing the disruption of property to a single floor tile. Limiting the damage ensures you save on the cost of labor and repairs.
You Deserve Total Piece of Mind
At Strand Brothers Service Experts, we take your peace of mind very seriously. We understand that by hiring us, you are inviting a stranger into your home or onto your property. That can be a frightening proposition.
Before we hire a plumbing technician at Strand Brothers Service Experts, they must pass a nationwide criminal background check and a drug screening. Your technician will arrive within their scheduled time, driving a company vehicle, neatly dressed in uniform and sporting a Strand Brothers Service Experts ID badge. You can rest assured that we will leave our work areas neat, and tidy and treat your home and furnishings as we would our own.