Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Austin
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you expect it’s running properly so your Austin basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can cease draining for a few numerous reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t working properly, contact the Experts at Strand Brothers Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop operating for a few different reasons:
- Power loss
- Insufficient maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Icy or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to ensure your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is upright and not leaning to one side, since this can cause the pump to not activate when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump turns on and pulls out the water efficiently.
- During arid weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Strand Brothers Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to shield your home from water damage, look to the specialists at Strand Brothers Service Experts to confirm yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 512-592-3072 or schedule an appointment online.