Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a number of simple things you can do to make sure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is positioned correctly and not tilting to one side as this can cause the pump to not turn on when required.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, drop a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump runs and drains the water rapidly.
- In dry weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Strand Brothers Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to defend your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at Strand Brothers Service Experts to make sure yours is working like it should.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year. Talk with an Expert at 512-592-3072 or schedule an appointment online.